Questions to Ask a Listing Agent
- Do you work full or part-time as a real estate agent?
- How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood in the past year or two?
- How well do you know this neighborhood and the issues affecting it?
- How many sellers are you representing now?
- What aspects of the transaction will you personally handle and which will be delegated to others?
- Are you knowledgeable about my type of house and can you explain its key features to buyers?
- Are your fees negotiable?
- At what price do you think my house will sell in the current market? And why?
- Can you give me a written Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) and a list of homes currently on the market?
- What is your advertising and marketing plan for my house?
- How long must I list my house with you?
- How long have you been a real estate agent and how much education have you received?
- Is your real estate license in good standing and have you ever been subject to a client complaint?
- Can you provide me the names and phone numbers of past clients as references?
- Do you work with stagers or will you stage my home?
- How often will you communicate with me?
- Why should I hire you over your competition?
- May I see the documents I will have to sign?
- What will be my closing costs?
- Can you explain the process to me?
- Do you have a website and/or blog?
- What haven’t I asked you that I need to know?